His research interests include data mining and machine learning, especially for clustering in high-dimensional data, graph mining and brain structural network analysis. He has received his Ph.D. degree with the highest honor (“Summa Cum Laude”) at the University of Munich, Germany. He became the Alexander von Humboldt Fellow in 2012. Currently, he is a professor of Computer Science at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. He not only published papers on top-level data mining conferences like KDD, ICDM, SDM, IEEE/TKDE, but also published data mining-related interdisciplinary work in leading journals including Brain, Neurobiology of Aging, and Water Research. See following the Publications and Citations: [Junming Shao’s Google Scholar homepage]
Subspace Clustering, Community Detection, Data Stream Clustering and Classification, Brain Network Mining, Machine Learning
- 2013/12 – Present, Unversity of Electronic Science and Technology of China (China), Prof.
- 2011/08 – 2012/12, University of Mainz (Germany), Alexander von Humboldt Fellow.
- 2011/11 – 2012/07, Technical University of Munich (Germany), PostDoc.
- 2008/09 – 2011/11, University of Munich (Germany), Ph.D.
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, 2012
- Ph.D. degree with the highest honor -“Summa Cum Laude”, 2011
- Best Paper Award in ICDM 2010, Workshop on Biological Data Mining and its Applications in Healthcare.(Junming Shao, et al., Combining Time Series Similarity with Density-based Clustering to Identify Fiber Bundles.), 2010
- Best Article for IGI Global’s “Fourth Annual Excellence in Research Journal Awards” 2010. (Junming Shao, et. al, Hierarchical Density-based Clustering of White Matter Tracts in the Human Brain.), 2010
-  Junming Shao*, Zhichao Han, Qinli Yang, Tao Zhou. Community Detection based on Distance Dynamics, Proceedings of the 21th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), pp. 1075-1084. 2015. [PDF] [Bibtex][Code]
-  Junming Shao, Zahra Ahmadi, Stefan Kramer*. Prototype-based learning on concept-drifting data streams, Proceedings of the 20th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining (KDD), pp. 412-421. 2014. [PDF] [Bibtex][Code]
-  Chun Meng, Felix Brandl, Masoud Tahmasian, Junming Shao, Andrei Manoliu, Martin Scherr, Dirk Schwerthöffer, Josef Bäuml, Hans Förstl, Claus Zimmer, Afra M Wohlschläger, Valentin Riedl, Christian Sorg*. Aberrant topology of striatum’s connectivity is associated with the number of episodes in depression, Brain, 137:598–609, 2014. [PDF] [Bibtex]
-  Junming Shao, Xiao He, Qinli Yang, Claudia Plant, Christian Böhm*. Robust synchronization-based graph clustering, Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 249-260, 2013. [PDF] [Bibtex][Code]
-  Junming Shao*, Xiao He, Christian Bohm, Qinli Yang, Claudia Plant. Synchronization-inspired partitioning and hierarchical clustering, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 25 (4), 893-905, 2013. [PDF] [Bibtex][Code]
-  Junming Shao*, Qinli Yang, Afra Wohlschlaeger, Christian Sorg. Discovering Aberrant Patterns of Human Connectome in Alzheimer’s Disease via Subgraph Mining, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (ICDMW), 86-93, 2012. [PDF] [Bibtex]
-  Junming Shao, Qinli Yang, AfraWohlschläger, Christian Sorg. Insight into Disrupted Spatial Patterns of Human Connectome in Alzheimer’s Disease via Subgraph Mining., International Journal of Knowledge Discovery in Bioinformatics (IJKDB), 3 (1), 23-38, 2012. [PDF] [Bibtex]